Sunday, June 26, 2011

Back from paradise

I just got back from the best week of my life. First of all, I got to marry my best friend with everyone we love by our sides. Then, I got to have a huge party to celebrate. We all danced the night away until it was time for Tory and me to leave. We left in a black limousine, which I was really excited about because I had never been in a limo. We then made the trek out of the country to the Caribbean island of St. Lucia.

I couldn't have imagined a more perfect place for us to have our honeymoon. The weather was absolutely amazing, there were flowers blooming at every corner of the island, and someone always made my bed for me! The people working at the resort were always happy, either smiling or dancing, and very eager to help you out. Our days consisted of eating 6 or 7 meals, which were all incredible. We also relaxed by one of the huge pools at the resort. It had a swim-up bar where friendly local bartenders made tasty concoctions all day for you. If you were too lazy to swim over to the bar, no problem. They also had a Drinks on Wheels cart. Each night, a different kind of event was put on by the resort. They had cultural dancing, BBQ's, and even a newlywed game.

This was the view from our room :)



Some of the days we got a little adventurous and went snorkeling in the amazingly clear Caribbean Sea, went to the spa for 80 minute massages, and went on a speed boat tour of the island. Snorkeling was really fun, and I hate to admit it, but I was terrified to try it for the first time. I was scared I would drown or get eaten alive, but it was great, and we ended up going again on another day.



The trip was full of a lot of exciting experiences. Another new thing I got to try out was a professional massage, which was incredible and definitely won't be my last. The final day at the resort we went on a speed boat tour. During the tour we got to see the Piton Mountains, take a mud bath in 120 degree volcano water, take pictures under a waterfall in the mineral springs, go snorkeling again, eat local cuisine, try cocoa beans straight from the tree, see a real (and very populous) bat cave, and many other things.

Piton Mountains
Mud Bath

Volcano
Cocoa beans
Mineral Springs
Bat Cave


The trip was amazing. It was my first time out of the country, and I couldn't have asked to go to a better place with a better husband. I can't wait for all of the pictures from the wedding photographers to come in so I share all the great memories with everyone. I also want to thank all my friends and family for making all of these incredible experiences unforgettable. 










No comments:

Post a Comment